Primary Objective of Position
The candidate shall be responsible for validation and verification of product functionality for flow meters. He/She should understand the requirements as well as product applications and validate the same for various products. As a part of this role, he/she shall plan, design, script and execute a variety of Test cases for flow meters. Also, the candidate would need to develop UFT scripts for automating the device validation.
The candidate is expected to support multiple business units for manual as well as automated testing. He/She would need to support manual as well as automated testing as part of this.
Experience: 4 to 7 years relevant experience.
- Analyze product requirements.
- Design test cases based on requirements.
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the Test project and testing objectives.
- Execute test conditions and scripts to address complete test coverage of different test platforms. Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases.
- Execute and analyze test results.
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Manual and automated testing of flow meters.
- Interact with various stake holders of other developments to collect requirements for development of interface files. Design and develop interface files for various fieldbus protocols as needed.
- Integration testing of interface files with device and various host systems, report generation and maintenance support.
- Device Stress testing.
- Supporting device validation by various other groups in Emerson as part of process.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Hands On Experience On UFT Tool For Test Automation is a must.
- Must Have Strong Experience In Script Development, VBScripting, Object Handling And Error Handling
- Testing of windows or web based application for embedded products.
- Knowledge of field instrumentation and industrial protocols like Modbus, HART, TCP/IP, industrial networks, basics of industrial host systems.
Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Telecomm Engineering / Instrumentation is required. Master’s degree preferred.