Protects photovoltaic (PV) installations from overloads and short circuits to minimise damage to solar panels
The SPXV series solar string fuses include 35 to 60 amperage models can be easily fitted into an LFXV15 fuse block and cover holder. The 1500 V DC solar fuses protect photovoltaic (PV) installations from overloads and short circuits to minimise damage to solar panels.
Key benefits of the 35 to 60 amperage solar SPXV series solar fuses include:
- Higher amperage protection in less space for increased design flexibility
- Full range, fast-acting properties to help protect against common low-overload and short-circuit faults
- Meets UL 248-19 and IEC 60269-6 photovoltaic fuse standard requirements
- Product labels with QR codes offer real-time access to part numbers, voltage, programming terms and date codes to save time with product replacements and inventorying
“With available ampere ratings up to 60 A, more solar fuse strings can be pre-combined to reduce the number of inputs into combiner boxes, thereby decreasing installation time and labour costs,” said Sakthidharan Krishnamoorthy, product manager, Littelfuse Industrial Business Unit.
LFXV15 series fuse block and cover holder benefits include:
- A dead-front cover that offers personnel protection
- Ventilated design to keep fuse cool, even at high ambient temperatures and current ratings, to increase fuse longevity
- Narrower width to accommodate more blocks in a panel to maximised space
- Easy fuse removal and replacement to minimise maintenance time. No tools required.
- 35 mm DIN-rail mounting option for quick assembly and installation
SPXV 20 x 127 mm solar fuses rated 35-60 amperes is now available from Littelfuse.