Operational Reporting: Project Engineering manager
Hierarchical / Functional Reporting: Department Manager
Network & Links
- Part of the Core Project Team and works closely with the:
- Project Solution Architect
- Department Head
- Interact project Team Members
Communication & Interfaces
- Will work with Project and MSS teams
- Interface is with the project team members.
Overall Purpose of the Role
MSS Engineer – Will be responsible for the deriving the specification and architecture for a typical Maintenance server application which will interface to different sub system – ATC, IXL, ATS and DCS systems. Using industry standard protocols, hardware and software.
- Key performance Indicators
- Respect of ALSTOM rules and process
- Reporting is accurate and on time
- QCD is as per WP commitment
Qualifications & Skills
- Candidate should have minimum 2 years of experience.
- Should be able to write MSS specifications, architecture and interface as per project requirements.
- Manage system documents based on project templates.
- Hands on designing, configuring and deploying Maintenance servers to interface with various subsystems.
- Preferred knowledge in Linux configuration and knowledge in shell scripting.
- Good analytical skills for understanding client specification relate to products/process and should have produced system architecture.
- Good Knowledge in AutoCAD tool and preferred knowledge in power calculation for cubicle based on the platform (Server/Storage) design.
- Prior experience in designing the line plan or the graphical view of the system is an added advantage.
- Knowledgeable in Quality practices and relevant standards.
- Should be able to work independently on projects and willing to travel manage customer and project stake holder expectation for MSS solutions.
Bachelor’s in engineering / Engineer. In Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical or Computer science.
- Clear communication, flexible to work based on the project need and Resilient.
- Ability to adapt to the latest technology and willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work with different people, team and acknowledging diverse opinion.
- Willing to take responsibility as when the opportunity was given in order to meet the customer expectation.
Technical Competency & Experience
Language Skills: English and any National language.
IT Skills: Microsoft office, AutoCAD, basic Knowledge on Linux and SQL.