This role requires an ability to apply processes and procedures, as well as problem solving and critical thinking skills, to perform more complex duties related to scanning and evaluating our client networks. As issues arise, our team will triage, analyse, report, and offer mitigation steps as thoroughly and efficiently as possible. Clients will be notified as necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a VM Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of a team delivering excellent customer service.
- Hands on experience with VM tools like (Qualys, Nesus, Rapid7).
- In depth knowledge on Networking architecture.
- Perform more advanced tasks and duties for vulnerability management.
- Onboarding new clients to Vulnerability Management Services.
- Working experience on Cloud Infrastructure.
- Working experience on any of technologies like (Windows, Linux).
- Review and Analyze vulnerability data to identify trends and patterns, and link asset and vulnerability data.
- Working experience on Policy compliance & implementing security standard controls.
- Setting up lab and networks for the ASV vendor accreditation.
- Working experience on Patch Management.
- Creating Qualys Dashboards.
- Perform compensating controls analysis and validates efficacy of existing controls.
- Operate the Vulnerability Management process including applicable change control, and security exceptions.
- Support the Vulnerability Management Lifecycle, including: Setup, configuration, and scanning of client networks, Identify, report, and offer mitigation steps, Qualys modules on boarding and project assistance.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for Qualys and security mitigation.
- Work closely with stakeholders in Security Operations Centres globally as required
- Motivated to learn and demonstrate abilities related to our service offerings
- Work as part of a 18/5 shift pattern.
We require the following certifications:
- Any Cloud certification
- Any VM Certification.
Qualifications and Skills :
As a VM Engineer, your skills and qualifications should include:
- 2 -4 years of work experience as a vulnerability analyst/engineer with Operating Systems (Linux and Windows), Proxies, Endpoint Protection, VPNs, Firewalls, and IDS/IPS devices, Cloud infrastructure Knowledge.
- Experience with configuration, security posture, troubleshooting, and maintenance with Qualys and other scanning platforms.
- Deep technical expertise in frameworks & methodologies such as CVSS, CIS, Benchmarking, OWASP.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in Vulnerability / network / security issues, including reading and dissecting packet captures, logs, and other information.
- Usage of a ticketing system with excellent documentation, reporting skills and a drive to complete tasks on the first touch when possible.
- Excellent written and spoken fluency in English.
- Presentation Skills for Client RCA calls and for Security advisory.
- Able to work and interact within a global organization.
- Knowledge on scripting knowledge will be an added advantage.
Company: Sony Electronics