As a Sr. Software engineer you will write efficient software to build a component, feature and or feature set. You are empowered to work independently and actively contribute to design discussions. In this role, you will work closely with teams within & across businesses.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
- Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
- Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
- Expert in writing efficient code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
- Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
- Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
- Bachelor’s / Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or Electronics
- Ability to work as a team player and lead Scrum Teams
- Write good unit tests and Integration tests to ensure functionality developed is defect free.
- High integrity to meeting business commitments (say/do ratio)
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and C++ coding principles.
- Experience in developing User Interface using QML
- Working Knowledge in Python and ability to Automate Integration Testing using Test frameworks like Squish.
- Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script (Knowledge of AngularJS 1.3x will be preferred), jQuery, CSS.