The Electronics Design Engineer will assist in the design and engineering solutions for medical device products. (S)he, under the mentorship of a lead/principal engineer, will deliver relevant solutions to new and existing products through design iterations, risk-retirement using first principles engineering, technical analysis, and verification of the design. The Design Engineer will learn and utilize InnAccel’s stage-gate Product Development System and use relevant engineering tools to deliver a high quality, robust and cost-effective design and will partner cross-functionally to execute all aspects of product development. They will also ensure successful design transfer into manufacturing.
Qualification: BE/B.Tech Electronics
Experience: 3-5 years in electronics
Skills and requirements
- Schematic Design
- Multi-Layer PCB Design using Altium, Eagle, and AutoCad Electricals
- Understanding of ARM architecture specially Cortex M series
- Proficient in Embedded C programming
- Understand hardware schematics, components, sensors, signal conditioning, and control algorithms to develop optimal code.
- Knowledge of embedded debugging tools like Codewarrior, Keil Microvision
- Good understanding of communication protocols like USB, I2C, SPI, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc.
- Test hardware using Logic analyzer, digital oscilloscope, and other test equipment.
- Battery Management and Power System Design experience
- Project deliverable preparation such as DFMEA, specification, Gerber file, BOM, etc.
- Experience in quality standards, thermal management, clearance/creepage, panel design in printed circuit board development for the medical device industry
- Knowledge of ISO 62304
- Experience in medical device development or in a regulated industry
Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Electronics/Computer Science/ BioMedical/Medical Electronics Engineering or equivalent (Masters desired), with 3 plus years in an engineering design development role experience.
- New product introduction and Manufacturing Operations experience desired